Meet MCH Board Members

 MEET MCH'S NEWLY ELECTED
 BOARD OF DIRECTORS

From the very beginning, Momo Children's Home (MCH) was established with a clear mission and a deeply committed core team. Like many organizations, MCH began by initially operating under a dual-layer structure where the key leaders (who are also siblings) - James, Olivia, Julius, Deo, Fred and Lydia - carried both board oversight responsibilities and day-to-day staff operational duties.

Early on, Board Advisor Maama Sue emphasized why a distinct boundary between oversight /  governance (Board) and day to day operations (Staff) is critical and something we needed to move to quickly.  She explained that allowing staff to oversee their own management is akin to having the fox guard the henhouse - it removes essential checks and balances.  Also, that establishing an independent board not only protects the staff, it prevents conflicts of interest, ensures financial transparency, protects the mission, and frees the operational leaders to channel their full energy into the daily needs of our children.

Below, we are proud to introduce to you as of August 2026 the newly elected dedicated members of the MCH Board of Directors who have committed themselves to oversight and governance - guiding MCH's strategy, advancing and safeguarding the mission.


MCH CHAIRPERSON

Pastor Emma Paddy



ABOUT ME
My name is Pastor Emma Paddy. I am 35 years old and a Ugandan by nationality. Professionally, I am an Electrical Engineer holding a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. I am currently involved in running Glovolt Engineering Services Limited, where I apply my professional knowledge and experience in engineering and business. Beyond my professional career, I am also privileged to serve God through ministry. I am the Lead Pastor of Jesus Forever Ministry – Nama (JFM-NAMA), where I have the opportunity to serve, teach, encourage, and support people in their spiritual journey.

I am a married man and blessed with one wife and two children.  My family is an important part of my life, and I am grateful to God for the responsibility and privilege of leading and serving my family. My greatest passions include God, ministry, children, leadership, mentorship, and community transformation.

I have a particular concern for the welfare and future of children, and I always desire to see young people given the support, guidance, education, spiritual foundation, and opportunities they need to become responsible and productive members of society.

MY JOURNEY OF FAITH 
I was raised in a Catholic family. After completing my A-Level education, I joined university, where I met a friend who regularly encouraged me to consider being born again and accepting Jesus Christ. At that particular time, however, I was hesitant. I had encountered different pastors and had developed concerns about some of the things I had observed within certain Christian circles. Because of these experiences, I was not immediately ready to embrace the idea of being born again. I remained committed to my family’s religious background and continued with my life. However, after approximately two years, I encountered a pastor who took time to speak with me personally and helped me understand the message of salvation in a different way. Through our conversation and continued interaction, I became convinced to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.  In 2013, I made the decision to begin my personal journey of salvation. Since that time, I have continued growing in my relationship with God and serving Him through ministry. My journey has involved learning, spiritual growth, service, leadership, and trusting God through different seasons of life. I continue to believe that salvation is not simply a one-time decision, but a lifelong journey of growing in Christ, serving others, and allowing God to use one's life for His purpose.

HOW I CONNECTED WITH MCH
After God led us to Nama and we opened a church there, something significant happened during the second week of that same month. We received a group of visitors who came from MCH. They were led by Nangendo and Christin, together with other children. We welcomed them warmly into the church. They gave special presentations, and we provided them with an opportunity to participate and minister. At the time, they did not initially tell us that they were from MCH. However, from that first encounter, they developed a strong relationship with the church and began fellowshipping with us every Sunday. As time went on, I met James, who explained more about MCH and its work. He later introduced me to Maama Sue, and we had an opportunity to talk and understand each other better. From that point until today, we have continued working and fellowshipping together with MCH. JFM-NAMA has provided a place where the children have been able to fellowship, worship, participate in ministry, and grow spiritually.

I have also had the privilege of baptizing some of the children, which has been a meaningful part of our journey together. What began as a simple visit eventually developed into a relationship built on fellowship, ministry, trust, spiritual growth, and a shared desire to see children and young people have a better future.

MY RESPONSIBILITIES
As the elected Chairperson, I understand that my responsibility is to provide leadership and help ensure that the organization's mission, vision, and objectives are pursued effectively. My role is not simply about holding a leadership position. It is about serving, coordinating, encouraging, providing direction, supporting the team, and helping create an environment where the organization can achieve its purpose. I look forward to seeing MCH continue fulfilling its mission of nurturing children for hope and preparing them for a better future.

This includes supporting children through areas such as:
1. EDUCATION Education plays an important role in preparing children for a better and more independent future. I desire to see children given opportunities to learn, develop their abilities, and acquire knowledge that can help them become productive members of society.
2. FAMILY MENTORING Children need more than academic knowledge. They also need guidance, encouragement, positive role models, and healthy relationships. Through family mentoring and appropriate guidance, we can help children develop values, confidence, responsibility, discipline, and hope for the future.
3. VOCATIONAL SKILLS Not every young person will follow the same academic path. Vocational and practical skills can provide valuable opportunities for children and young people to become self-reliant and develop sustainable livelihoods. I therefore look forward to seeing vocational training and skills development become part of the ways MCH prepares children for their future.
4. SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT Spiritual growth is another important part of our responsibility. Since I first met the children through the church, they have actively participated in ministry. Through encouragement, Bible studies, fellowship, prayer, worship, and other ministry activities, I have witnessed spiritual growth among them. My desire is to see this spiritual foundation continue to grow so that the children can develop a genuine relationship with God and become responsible young people who can positively influence their generation.

MY VISION FOR MCH
My vision is to see MCH become an organization that genuinely transforms the lives of children by nurturing them spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and practically. I desire to see children grow in an environment where they are loved, guided, educated, mentored, spiritually grounded, and prepared for meaningful lives. I believe that when we invest in children today, we are investing in the future of our communities and generations to come. Therefore, I look forward to working together with the leadership, staff, volunteers, families, churches, and other partners to ensure that the mission and objectives of MCH are fulfilled.

MY COMMITMENT
I remain committed to serving God, supporting children, strengthening ministry partnerships, and contributing positively to the work of MCH. I believe that leadership is fundamentally about service, integrity, responsibility, teamwork, and commitment to a greater purpose. As we continue working together, my prayer and desire is that God will give us wisdom, unity, strength, and the resources required to accomplish the vision before us. I look forward to seeing MCH go further, impact more lives, and give many children genuine hope for a better future.

CONCLUSION
My journey - from my professional career in Electrical Engineering, to my salvation experience in 2013, to pastoral ministry and my connection with MCH - has taught me the importance of purpose, service, faith, leadership, and investing in people. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve God and to contribute to the development and wellbeing of children. My desire is to see children nurtured for hope, equipped for the future, and empowered to become a blessing to their families, communities, and generation.

“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” — Proverbs 22:6 (ESV)


MCH VICE-CHAIR

Nakat Sylvia



ABOUT: 

My name is Nakate Sylvia am 33 years old, am married with 2 kids, currently living in Mukono.
I also do commercial farming and poultry. 

HOW I MET MOMO CHILDRENS HOME(MCH) 

I met momo children's home at Jesus Forever Ministries when they came for prayer, and I saw a heart that loves Jesus. As  the secretary of the church after the service, I asked them where they stay and they told me at Momo Children's Home. Asking about their parents they told me they are orphans . I was touched, so I followed them up to home where I met with madam Namusisi  and  discussed a lot with her.  Upon hearing their mission  statement and objective,  I was touched.  I was personate when they told me they give life and hope the orphans and vulnerable children.     By that I decided to move and work together with them. 

HOW I CAME TO FAITH IN JESUS ?

In 2017, I was diagnosed with diabetes, and my world was completely turned upside down.   I was puzzled, didn't know what to do next, we did not have enough money at home, and every day past life was becoming had. My husband reached out to one pastor in Mukono that he can come and pray for me. When he visited me at home, he prayed for me and immediately after prayers I saw some changes.

The situation went on improving day by day until when diabetes could not rule over me.  Upon this miracle, I decided to give my life to Christ to be my personal lord and Savior.

MY RESPONSIBILITIES:

As Vice-chair person of the organization, I am committed to ensure transparency, accountability, kids welfare, and also make MCH's constitution preserved.

Secondly, as a mother, am prepared to share my love with MCH kids, to ensure proper moral growth, spiritually growth, and bridge the gap of being orphans by compensating it with acting as a mother for Momo Children's Home children.


MCH TREASURER

Dr. Edabu Steven



ABOUT: 
My name is Dr. Edabu Steven. I am 30 years old and I hold a Bachelor’s degree in internal Medicine and Pediatrics. I am passionate about service, healing, and building a better future for young people in our community.

HOW I MET MOMO CHILDRENS HOME(MCH) 
I first met Momo Children’s Home during one of their outreach programs in Wakisu, Mukono Town. At the time, the organization was working with the church to request support for community needs.  It was during this outreach that I met James, whose father was unwell and receiving treatment at Kawolo Hospital in Lugazi. As a medical professional, I supported James and his family during that difficult time. Though his father later passed on, the compassion and friendship we built during that season is what first connected me to the heart of Momo Children’s Home.

I was deeply drawn to the mission of Momo Children’s Home - mentoring young lives for hope, and nurturing them spiritually for a better future.

MY ROLE AND COMMITMENT
After meeting the team, I began volunteering with the organization. Because of my dedication and commitment to integrity, I was later invited and elected to serve as Treasurer on the Board of Momo Children’s Home.

I live to serve this organization, and my personal commitment is to uphold transparency and accountability in everything, especially in matters concerning finances. I believe that good stewardship will help us create more opportunities for the children we serve.

It is an honor to be part of the Momo Children’s Home family.

HOW I CAME TO FAITH
In 2014, while I was in A Level, my father was in a terrible accident and went into a coma for 2 weeks. As a family we had nowhere else to turn, so we prayed together every day. God answered our prayers and brought my dad back. In that season I saw how real God is, and from that moment I gave my life to Him. That’s when I received salvation.


MCH SECRETARY

Mwesigwa Mercy



ABOUT: 
My name is Mwesigwa Mercy. I am a 22 year old final year clinical student, serving with Uganda Red Cross Society, Mukono Branch, specifically as Chairperson of a youth link. I love Jesus, passionate about leadership, and spiritual growth. Also a health advocate.


HOW I MET MOMO CHILDREN'S HOME (MCH)
I got introduced to Momo Children's home through friends Dr. Steven Edabu and Mr. Kateregga James.

Knowing how much I love serving the community through my leadership skills and my love for Jesus, they introduced me to this beautiful community Momo Children's Home. 
I was really stunned and drawn to the mission of Momo Children’s Home  -  "To provide a safe, nurturing and Christ-centered home for orphaned and other vulnerable children (OVC) in Uganda, equipping them through education, discipleship, and love for a life of purpose and service - while actively working to trace and safely reconnect OVC with living parents or legal relatives whenever possible.  Furthermore, this mission extends outward, equipping James, the team, and the children to become leaders who help and equip others facing similar challenges across Uganda.".   

Mentoring young lives for hope, and nurturing them spiritually for a better future reflects scripture, the love of God, and is what Christ emphasized that we let the little come to him, for his Father's kingdom belong to them.   This, I strongly believe is the direction of the mission of Momo Children's Home.


NON VOTING MEMBERS

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR & EX-OFFICIO BOARD MEMBER 

Vicent (James) Katerega


Praise the Lord! My name is James. I am the Executive Director leading our staff - and an ex-officio, non-voting member of the board. I am so grateful to be here as we begin this new chapter.

I want to thank everyone for the work, the love, and the support you have been providing. Thank you so much for your guidance and for everything. Right now, I have learned and acquired so much, and I am very, very happy today to announce our new governance, leadership, and board members.

I am so grateful because it is God's timing. Yes, we started from zero, but with God, we have reached a point where He has truly blessed us. We need to trust God in each and everything. We are requesting your prayers so that our new board may be guided by the Holy Spirit to lift our children's home to the next step.
With deep gratitude for everything, we believe that with God as our foundation, our team will work tirelessly together. Thank you so much for being a bridge of love to the children. Praise the Lord!


ADVISOR & BOARD MENTOR

Sue Ramson (aka Maama Sue)


A MESSAGE FROM JAMES:

"Praise the Lord! Today, I want to introduce you to a truly dedicated woman—a mother who has shown love from afar, and a bridge to the children. She has been so much to us: a teacher, a spiritual guide who has guided me personally a great deal, and a pillar of strength. Even with her own family to care for, she has dedicated so much of her time and heart to us.

She is a very capable woman; she could have easily retired, but instead, she chose to dedicate her time to keep us going. Please join us in welcoming her as our Board Advisor (non-voting member). We pray for God's continued blessings upon her and look forward to the day we can meet her physically. Thank you for your continued love and prayers."

ABOUT ME

A citizen of the United States of America, I bring 40 years of business ownership and experience to my advisory role at MCH, to include 10 years experience as a local church Business Administrator, Church Treasurer, and Ministry Coordinator.  
Most importantly, I have been a born-again Christian since October 1979 - a journey of learning to grow and mature my faith through the trials of life and witnessing God’s faithfulness in every season. 
My husband and I celebrate 50 years of marriage on August 27, 2026, and we are blessed with 3 adult/married children and 8 grandchildren. 
Known to the MCH family as Maama Sue, I combine decades of strategic business leadership with a deep passion for sharing the hope found only in Jesus.  I firmly believe God brought me through and used this background to equip me to help establish and guide MCH.  

HOW MY JOURNEY WITH MCH BEGAN

When I first connected with James in September of 2024, MCH wasn't a formal organization. It was simply James and his siblings (team) stepping up in faith to care for 25 orphaned and vulnerable children in their community, completely on their own without organizational structure or local spiritual oversight.

Recognizing their incredible heart and the urgent need for support,  I came alongside the team to help build a sustainable framework - a commitment continually affirmed by my husband, my spiritual covering, as a clear calling from God.

Together with a dedicated mentor team who worked tirelessly this past year along side me (including "Aunties Jodianne and E"), we:

  • Gathered online weekly with James, the staff, and the children for foundational Bible studies.  And met throughout the week with James for spiritual guidance. (until God answered our prayers and they came under the spiritual oversight of Pastor Emmanuel, placing membership with Jesus Forever Ministries August of 2025.)
  • Applied my business and church administration background to set up the MCH  infrastructure.
  • Created all essential assets - renamed the "foundation" to Momo Children's Home, designed the logo, authored MCH’s mission statement and initial Operations Manual, P&Ps, created the Momo Moments Blog, website and core media assets.
  • Established fundamental financial controls, I/E ledger for proper bookkeeping, child welfare P&Ps and safeguards, and guided MCH's transition from an informal shelter setup into a legal corporation, CBO.   
  • Shifted to a family-based care model to prioritize child well-being, uphold regulatory compliance, improve transparency, strengthen donor trust, and eliminate fraud risks sadly common in institutional orphanages.
  • See the Momo Moments Blog for posts of all the major milestones.  

PASSING    
THE BATON

Deeply grateful for how God called and equipped the ministry during those foundational years, I view this new season as a joyous passing of the baton. With a gifted, dedicated local Board of Directors now stepping up to take over formal governance and legal oversight, my role centers on ongoing mentorship and advisory support - ensuring MCH maintains uncompromising financial integrity, child welfare standards, and records that remain above reproach.

Comments